Heart throbs, blond beauties, A-list celebrities from the silent film era to today. That's what we promise at the American Treasure Tour. Okay, we promise lots and lots of different things, but there are plenty of photographs of actors scattered throughout the tour, including Richard Gere.
- The Philadelphia native was born in 1949, then went to the University of Massachusetts on an acrobatics scholarship but never graduated. He dropped out to pursue a career in acting. He was never seen nor heard of again. Except, you know, in movies and stuff.
- Richard and his first wife Cindy Crawford never had kids. He was fifty years old when his first son was born by second wife Carey Lowell. He named his son after his dad: Homer Gere.
- He was offered the role of John McClain in 1988's Die Hard but turned it down. Bruce Willis has since made seventy-four movies in the franchise. (Okay, we don't mean to exaggerate. We mean seventy-three.)
- Gere made it big after starring in three critically-praised films: 1978's Days of Heaven, American Gigolo two years later, and An Officer and a Gentleman in 1982. John Travolta had been the first choice for every one of them and turned them all down.
- Here's middle name is Tiffany, his mother's maiden name.